Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) Software
You want machine utilization and efficiency data. You don't want collecting it to be difficult. ShopVue MES Software can help.
An add-on to ShopVue MES, Machine Tracking delivers important information about each of your critical assets with almost no additional effort or cost. Machine Tracking collects data as a byproduct of employees making a few additional entries in the ShopVue Console. Better yet, Machine Tracking can run automatically using an electronic interface to a machine’s PLC with the optional Direct Machine Interface (DMI) module.
Machine Tracking allows you to track a machine's availability and performance and calculate key metrics like overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). At any time, you can see current status via online inquiries or an optional Dashboard.
- Is the machine running?
- How well are you utilizing the machine?
- How often is a machine going down? Why?
- Is the machine running at plate speed?
- Is the machine producing quality parts?
- Should the machine be overhauled or replaced?
ShopVue tracks machine activities and employee activities distinctly, but without the complexity of two separate systems. The system recognizes that the employee's activity is highly related to the machine’s activity but not in lock step. Employees interact with ShopVue’s Console interface with the fewest possible actions to deliver the labor tracking, machine status, and OEE results you expect.
Machine Tracking timeline and metrics. Here is an example of this smart interplay on a machine that needs only occasional tending (the employees in the work center are responsible for a large group of machines). The orange lines next to employee names depict their direct labor time on Machine M211; the purple, green, and red bars represent the machine’s scheduled idle time, uptime, and downtime, respectively.
The following scenario is summarized in the diagram above:
- 2:00 PM: Ted Curtis scans his badge and selects machine M211. To select order 122, Ted either scans a barcode traveler or picks the order from the Console's Activity List (if Paperless Dispatch is installed). ShopVue begins accruing both machine time and labor time to order 122.
- 2:30 PM: Ted begins another order on a different machine. Ted's labor time stops accruing at machine M211. ShopVue is configured to assume that M211 is still running in his absence, so machine time continues to accrue.
- 5:00 PM: Al Daniels scans his badge at M211 and clicks JOIN. ShopVue begins accruing Al's labor time to the continuing order at M211.
- 5:30 PM: Al begins another order on a different machine. Al's labor time stops accruing at machine M211. Machine time continues to accrue.
- 7:00 PM: ShopVue Direct Machine Interface (DMI) senses machine M211 is down and automatically records the downtime. Al can select from codes in ShopVue to indicate the reason.
- 8:00 PM: DMI senses M211 is back up. ShopVue computes one hour of downtime. Machine time starts accruing again.
- 8:30 PM: Al Daniels Joins M211 again, contributing another two hours of labor time.
- 11:00 PM: Al Daniels times out and ShopVue automatically removes him from the machine.
- 11:00 PM: Knowing the machine is scheduled off for the weekend, ShopVue automatically stops accruing machine time. When operations resume at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, machine time will automatically start accruing again.
- Apportioning of Labor Time: If an operator is running three machines, ShopVue will automatically apportion his labor time among all three orders.
- Indirect Labor Time Calculations: When an operator stops work to attend training or a safety meeting, ShopVue can automatically stop charging his labor time on each of the three machines and instead charge his time to the appropriate indirect labor code.
Downtime Incident Management
Manages the complete workflow of machine repairs:
Machine Down → Call Mechanic → Start Repair → Finish Repair → Resume Run.
Quickly send an e-mail alert to one or more people, append comments when passing along key information, and spot delays with the timestamps on each event.
Uses Labor Time and other details from each repair event to make informed decisions regarding preventive maintenance, overhaul and replacement.
Stores a record for each change in machine state over the life of the asset. Use this rich data source to create custom reports and graphs.
Daily OEE Totals Table
Stores a summary for each machine by shift including the following data items: